Everyone rants and raves about how great regular Green Tea is for you, but have you ever stopped and looked at how much better Matcha Tea is compared to regular Green Tea?
You’d be surprised, check out the facts below that we rounded up for you. It’s definitely surprised us!
1. One Cup of Matcha Green Tea = 10 Cups of Green TeaWait, really? So I’ve been wasting my money on regular green tea this whole time? I can just hear the sound of money returning to my wallet now!
— Epic Matcha GreenTea (@epicmatcha) December 28, 2016
2. One Gram of Matcha = 1,384 ORAC units. Acai berries only have 55, just think of all of the antioxidants you’re missing.This is awesome, everyone talks about ORAC units (which if you don’t already know stands for oxygen radical absorption capacity) which assess the antioxidant potency of foods and beverages. The higher to the ORAC unit, the more the antioxidant affects our body. Acai berries only have 55 ORAC units, while pomegranates only have 105 ORAC units. Who knew?
3. Burn up to 25% more calories from EGCGs in Matcha Tea than regular green tea.That’s awesome. EGCGs are scientifically known to boost fat metabolisms and thermogenesis. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition claims that matcha green tea produces an increase in energy expenditure (a measure of metabolism), combined with a significant effect on fat oxidation.
4. Matcha powder (70mg) has less caffeine than coffee (163mg) but provides sustained energy for 4-6 hours vs. a few hours with coffee.This is why I’m always getting another cup of coffee only an hour after the first!
5. Did you know acceptable levels of caffeine intake for a day is between 200-300mg of caffeine.Wow. Just think, if you have one or two cups of coffee you’ve basically maxed out for the day. How many refills of coffee do you get?
6. The type of caffeine in matcha powder is better than coffee, called theophylline, which gives you a more sustainable release of energy throughout your day.Talk about doing more with less. I’ve always thought that I consumed too much caffeine, 70mg of caffeine puts me well below the acceptable maximum intake of caffeine.
7. Matcha powder can increase thermogenesis (body’s rate of burning calories) from 8-10%, to 35-34% of your daily energy expenditure. (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition)Coupled with my workouts, this is a great addition. I was starting to wonder what it was that gave me an edge during my workout then I discovered this fancy stat.
8. Matcha puts you in a calm, alert, happy state-of-mind within 15-30 minutes thanks to the amino acid L-theanine.L-Theanine has great effects on your body, reducing the effects of stress on your body which sharpens your memory, creativity and focus.
9. Only 100g of Matcha provides 2.41mg of L-theanine, which is 5 times more than common black or green teas.This makes using matcha a no-brainer for me. L-theanine improves your memory while not causing the same crashing effect that caffeine has on the body.
10. L-Theanine in Matcha powder may help memory and learning abilities without the negative side-effects from caffeine.Finally, something that keeps me from crashing!
11. L-Theanine in Matcha powder helps stimulate production of alpha brain waves, which is considered to be a sign of mental relaxation.Ever get jittery on caffeine? L-Theanine won’t leave you feeling that way, all the more reason to drink Matcha.
12. There are only 2.76 calories in 1g of Matcha.Worried about calorie content? There’s only 2.76 calories in 1g of Matcha Tea, compare that to your typical soft drink or energy drink, that’s quite a difference.
13. There are 314mg of fiber in Matcha vs. 10mg of fiber in regular Green TeaWe all know the benefits of a good amount of fiber in your body, Matcha Tea is another good source of fiber.
14. If you didn’t know, fiber can help you: control your weight, lower your cholesterol, keep you regular, reduce your risk for diabetes and diverticular disease.I know weight loss is always on everyone’s mind, but don’t forget about your cholesterol! Your doctor will thank you in the long run, not to mention you’ll feel better overall.
15. Matcha can help you lose weight by: reducing your BMI, helping you burn fat and stop the formation of fat cells, reducing your waist and your blood cholesterol, improving your glucose and insulin levels.What is this? Magic? No, it’s just science.
16. There are 44.7mg of amino acids in Matcha Tea vs. 3mg in regular Green Tea.Amino Acids are the building blocks our body needs…Matcha contains 10-15x more nutrients and amino acids than regular Green Tea.
How Can I Try Matcha?
Start at the top, with the finest matcha green tea powder on the planet: Epic Matcha. Our matcha is 100% pure, USDA Certified Organic, and carefully sourced from the very best farms in China and Japan.
And you can purchase Epic Matcha with confidence. We stand behind our product 100%, and offer a 60-day money-back guarantee, even if the package is open. Don’t miss out on this incredible superfood. Order your Epic Matcha today!
First time to try this tea!
By D. Bergeson on September 19, 2015
Flavor: Japanese Culinary | Grade Size: 4oz | Verified Purchase
First time to try this tea! This was the first time we tried this green tea and we really enjoyed the taste! Have also noticed a boost in energy! Looking forward to using it in different ways and will purchase it again!
Impressed with the Company.
By T. L. Oksner on August 31, 2015
Flavor: Culinary | Grade Size: 4oz | Verified Purchase
Impressed with the Company. I don’t recall who initially pointed me to this product, but it was a health food guru (I follow many of them). I used to drink the Starbucks® matcha green tea Frappuccino and had been trying to re-create it at home. This is a much healthier option. The company is certainly one I am proud to support: they sent me a *thank you note* with my first order. That impressed me so much. I like to drink the tea powder in smoothies and as an afternoon pick-me-up. It isn’t at all sweet, so you do need to add Stevia or honey to whatever you make. I like that they included recipes. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make anything yet beyond the usual hot tea or smoothie. But I will be buying the product again. Can’t hurt and certainly may help — and it supports a small business!
Tea for Energy!
By Terry on July 30, 2015
Flavor: Culinary | Grade Size: 4oz | Verified Purchase
Tea for Energy! This is my first time using Matcha tea and love it. It was recommended in the 17-Day Diet. I like to drink it cold, but can be served hot. This is an easy way to get your water intake requirements and to have more energy. The company I ordered this from appreciates business, sent a hand written thank you note for my business. That is true customer service with a special touch. I plan to buy more tea from this company.
Share this Post
Where Can I Learn More About Matcha?
Make a Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino at HomeWe’ve perfected the recipe for a frosty, frothy, matcha green tea Frappuccino that tastes just like the Starbucks version.
side-by-side comparison of coffee and matcha nutritional information.
side-by-side comparison of green tea and matcha.